The goings on of a 20-something who does way too much

Blank thoughts, reviews and so much more

November 26, 2014

BEAUTY BOX 5 NOVEMBER REVIEW

Beauty Box 5 is a monthly box subscription where you receive 5 beauty related products. 
For me this subscription has been disappointing and I have contacted Beauty Box 5 with my opinion on this months box. Wasn't even sure I was going to get this box as I cancelled this subscription after seeing the reviews for this box and I wish I'd cancelled sooner.
Cost:US $12 per month (+$3 shipping to Canada) for monthly subscription but other options available.

This month's theme is "Gracefully grounded".
"Keep your look on point! A graceful gal knows giving your body the same amount of attention you devote to scanning Black Friday sales results in that glow from within that money can't buy. Gift yourself an extra 10 minutes with these goodies in your pampered routine and you'll practically dance through the rest of your day.
If I was just to read this description and not look in the box I would envisage products like face masks and things to pamper yourself in the bath but this was nothing like I received.


Laura Ashley Body Butter in Cherry Blossum 1.75oz (Value $3.33-$20 for a pack of 6)
Play princess for a day and indulge in this nourishing, rich lotion. For a maximum moisturizing moment, smooth it on post shower whilst your skin is still damp for seriously smooth results with a sweet scent, too.
I hate Cherry as a flavour and this Body Butter has a fairly artificial smell. Not something I would want to apply and then go out wearing. Also the lotion is not thick like a Body Butter it is more runny like in consistency and absorbs into the skin very quickly almost like its not very moisturizing.
Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash 1.8oz (Value $0.53-$$6.49 for 22oz)
Meet the Latest Beauty Breakthrough from Dove. With a rich lather and even more of our gentlest cleansers, Dove Deep Moisture Body Wash will leave you with softer, smoother skin.
This is one of the products that I find hard to believe that its in there. It's a great handy size for travelling but it's also a product I'm familiar with and would not consider pampering as it's an everyday in the shower product.

DenTek Floss Picks and Case (Value $0.62- $2.49 pack of 4)
Floss in style with these adorable picks and colourful case! BB5 Tip:keep this little cutie in your bag to minimize those embarrassing smile moments. Trust us:It will become a must have in no time.
The other "I can't believe this in a beauty box" product. Nobody is going to open this box and get excited over these no matter how useful these are. They are also trying to sell them on FB as a nail art tool cause they know how bad putting this in was.

L'Oreal Paris Nail Colour (Value $5.99)
Spice up your nail life with these oh-so-bold hues. BB5 Tip: gently drag the brush along the top of the bottle before applying to nails to remove excess and ensure your polish goes on evenly every time.
Thanks for that ground breaking tip. More Nail Polish! That's 4 for 4! Every month another Nail Polish.
HASK Macadamia Revitalizing Shine Oil (Value $2.99)
Nuts for having healthy hair? We know you will cherish this ultra-hydrating oil just as much as we do! Apply a small amount to your ends after conditioning and watch dull strands come back to life.
The only semi exciting product in this box but I find these types of oils don't really do much for my hair and the tube doesn't look the best to get product out of.

Overall this box has a value of around $13 not that I would out the value of this anywhere close to this and considering the conversion to the Canadian dollar it cost me over $17. I have cancelled this subscription and I don't plan to resubscribe. Just too many hit and miss products and duplicates sent in boxes one month to the next.

No comments:

Post a Comment