The goings on of a 20-something who does way too much

Blank thoughts, reviews and so much more

November 21, 2014

New Subscription Box Addiction

Hey everybody,

So I have a new addiction, Subscription Boxes! So these are basically different themed boxes that get sent out on a regular basis (monthly, quarterly) that you subscribe to and they magically appear on your doorstep.
So far I have subscribed to a few but have only received one subscription and that was from Beauty Box 5 that was so bad that I have already unsubscribed.

The boxes that I have subscribed to that are available in Canada are:

Nerdblock 
Describes itself as a Toy Subscription for Nerds. It has a few different themed boxes now that you can choose from including the Classic (which I chose), Arcade (gifted this to my brothers in Oz), Horror and then they have a Jnr Girl and Boy options. They also pretty much guarantee a T-shirt every month.
Apparently my November box is in the truck to be delivered to me today so I'm excited for my first box even though I know what is inside because I cheated and looked at an Un-boxing video.
Cost: I paid US $30 for my first box inc delivery with a discount code.
You can subscribe here


Loot Crate
Similar to Nerdblock that sells itself as "A Monthly Box of Geek and Gamer Gear" with a retail value of $40+ per box. Unlike Nerdblock it does not guarantee a T-shirt every box which might take the value down for me but I subscribed for 3 months so I will see how it goes. Waiting for November box which apparently has a Battle theme.
Cost:$29.95 per month in Canada or you can buy 3 or 1 year subscriptions which decrease the price of each box. You can also use code SAVE3 to save $3
Click Subscribe if you want to join yourself.

Wantable Intimates
This is a much more personalised box from Wantables where you choose your loves, likes and dislikes then they send you a handpicked box to do with your preferences with 3-4 premium essentials including Underwear, Pajamas, Leggings, Tights and Socks. I really want the Mukluks or Pajamas and I know my November box is on the way so I'm super excited to see what I get.
Cost:US $36 with 25% link I got in my email.
Subscribe here if you want to join Wantables (they also do accessories and make up)

Birchbox Canada
This has been a popular box in the US and now for the first time it just released in Canada. It is also a somewhat personalised box where you fill out questions to do with the things you like and skin type etc with the hopes they will send you things that you'll use. This is mainly a sample box but they send you full size products too sometimes apparently. It is also going to have different products to the US box. You can also fill out reviews of the products on there website which earns you points that you can use towards full size products on there website.
Cost: $14.95
Subscribe here

Lip Monthly
This is a monthly lip product box that sends you around 5 lip products every month.
I only subscribed to this as there was a discount code FALL5 that got me my first box for $5.
Cost $10 plus shipping to Canada
Subscribe here

Little Life Box 
A monthly box with all kinds of Organic and Natural products from food to beauty and they also do a Vegan box too.
Cost: $26.94 for a one month trial. You can also subscribe for a monthly, 3 or 6 month  or yearly subscription.
Subscribe here

FabFitFun Box
This is a quarterly beauty box that is supposed to focus on fitness but often has maybe 1 product to do with getting fit. I subscribed thinking I was gonna get the Winter box but actually I was paying for the Welcome box which should be on its way to me now. After seeing the CA $62 charge on my credit card I unsubscribed right away but might end up joining again for the Winter box. It seems to have higher end products and the value is supposed to be $200+ a box but the way they value items seems to be very overvalued.
Cost:$49.95 per quarter plus shipping to Canada
Subscribe here

Beauty Box 5
This has been the only box I have actually received so far and by far is super disappointing. I subscribed as I had a code to get a free box with your first box but then I also got asked if I wanted a favorites box for an extra $10 so I ended up getting 3 boxes at the same time. The boxes I got were ok but everyone had a nail polish in it, two of them had the same Mascara in them and they probably weren't worth it for me so I decided to unsubscribe. But I missed the cut off so got charged for November which I still have not received but I know it is filled with rubbish including tooth flossing sticks and Dove body wash. The Nov box won't get anywhere near the price I have paid for it.
Do not subscribe to this box until it gets better, everyone online seems to be unsubscribing right now.

Once I receive some boxes I will post some reviews of the products I get in them.

Kylie :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment