The goings on of a 20-something who does way too much

Blank thoughts, reviews and so much more

November 21, 2014

NERDBLOCK NOVEMBER 2014 REVIEW

Got my first Nerdblock box today in the mail. Nerdblock is a monthly subscription box with geek and gamer stuff.

This is what the box looks like from the outside.

Its a somewhat full box!

There were 5 things in my box and 1 in 7 people were lucky enough to get a hand signed autograph but next months box there is going to be a guaranteed autograph print from two of the stars from Willow-Val Kilmer and Warwick Davis. Personally I don't even know what Willow is.

The contents of this box included:

 BOBA FETT FAN WRAPS (Estimated Value $5)
Prepare to take the hunt with you! These vinyl decals from Fan Wraps are the latest Star Wars item of your favorite bounty hunter, Boba Fett. Stick them anywhere from lockers to cars or windows to the walls.

I don't watch Star Wars so I don't even know who this character is let alone where I would stick this thing. I really can't imagine anyone sticking it on there car.

PLUSH ROBIN TOY (Estimated Value $10)
Adaaaam Weeessst... Your favorite original dark knight and trusty sidekick Robin, fight their way into this month's block. With all the crime solving pizzazz of days past, these pint-sized heroes add campy style to your collection.
Don't be fooled by the plushness, Batman is still every bit of the world's greatest detective you've come to love and Robin still looks great in tights. Prepare to walk up walls in excitement!

This plush is cute in a bizarre way. Apparently this is a version of Robin from the 60's. Would've liked to have got Batman like they show on the info card but from all the reviews I've seen everyone got Robin.

NERD BLOCK SLAP WATCH (Estimated Value $5)
BOO! Slap your friends unexpectedly with the time of day. These Super Mario Bros inspired watches are great for wrists and fans of all sizes. So slap one on and never lose track of time again.

I love the design on this watch as its a pretty cute picture of Boo. And I might wear it occasionally but its a huge blocky thing and it seems like the watch face could come pretty easily. More of a kids item really as I can't imagine too many adults wearing this.

DEADPOOL T-SHIRT (Estimated Value $15)

The design on this T-shirt is okay but I don't really know anything about Deadpool and I don't really understand why there are Taco's.

IRON MAN MUG (Estimated Value $10)
I AM IRON MAN! With this hot item you can show them the "metal" you're made of. Showcasing a strip from The Invincible Iron Man comic, you can now drink like Tony Stark.

This is my favorite item from the box and one I will definitely use this Winter for my Hot Chocolates. The design is pretty cool too.

VERDICT
The Mug is the one item I will get some real use out of, I'll give the T-Shirt to my boyfriend and then I'll have to decide what to with the rest. In terms of value I'm sure it would be worth the $30 cost of the box if you used everything but I wish the contents were better.

If you wish to subscribe join here

(Values are all estimated from google etc as most of these items are Nerdblock exclusives)

No comments:

Post a Comment